Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Personal Experience with Essential Oils



As a midwife I often suggested essential oils a.k.a. EO for discomforts in pregnancy & labor. I recommended and saw results when clients used lemon & peppermint EO for nausea and energy during labor.

I've personally experienced the benefits of EO and have seen them work for family and friends. So I believe they can positively impact our heath! I want to be sure I'm getting a high quality therapeutic grade otherwise they could be harmful! What I mean by that is - because there is no American industry standard at this time, a company only has to put a minute amount (I've read 2-10%) of the oil in each bottle, the rest can be fillers or a cheaper carrier oil, yet they are aloud to call it "pure". Essential oils are so concentrated that if you get a brand that isn't organic & of medicinal quality you are getting a concoction of concentrated toxins!! The fertilizer & pesticides used on the plants are now in a concentrated form.

"U.S. manufacturers/distributors of essential oils are permitted to label their essential oil products as “100% Pure” with as little as 2% of essential oil content, and without any regard to the quality or type of essential oil that makes up that meager requirement." from Be Young

From what I gather, it seems that doTerra, Be Young & Young Living all have good quality essential oils.

Yet I don't have the money to buy, say Lavender, from various companies to have it tested to see which one is purest & which one I respond to the best.

So for approximately 2 months I've been doing hours of reading, watching video clips, listening to speakers & talking with people who use various essential oil companies. Between being in the medical field & my personality I want to make sure I read up on a product & company.


I started a Facebook page & this blog to chronicle my search. Also to share ways that EO can help all of us on our journey to a healthier future!






No comments:

Post a Comment